PM yet to be conducted on partially decomposed body

first_img1 week laterA post-mortem examination is yet to be conducted on a partially decomposed body which was discovered in Kuribrong, Region Eight, on July 25.Commander of ‘F’ Division (Interior locations), Kevin Adonis, told Guyana Times that the PM will be conducted soon in Mahdia, since the body is yet to be officially identified. It is due to this that the body has not been handed over to suspected relatives as well, he added.The partially decomposed body, suspected to be that of Patrick Vyfhuis of Soesdyke, East Bank Demerara, was discovered on July 25, clad in a white T-shirt and grey jeans, along with a pair of blue sneakers.Vyfhuis’s body was reportedly found by a pork-knocker some four miles away from the camp site where he was employed, and was later identified by his employer.The man’s employers — of the said community from which Vyfhuis originated — are owners a mining camp in the interior. They told this newspaper that the man had been mentally ill, and that they were unaware of this when they had hired him.One of the employers explained that the man had left for the interior on July 11. She related that after he arrived at the mining camp, he had been acting strangely, and had even told them that somebody wanted to kill him.She further related that other workers on the camp attempted to control Vyfhuis’s absurd behaviour, but without success.She said that as a result of this behaviour, on July 15, when they were about to escort the man to his home, the following happened. “When he reach on the landing he start running up and down at all them shops. So they (ended up) getting him back into the cruiser, and while going out now, he messed his skin up, so they stopped at a creek to wash off him, because he can’t go in the vehicle like that. So when they stop now, he run and gone in the bush,” the employer said.Other employees again chased the man, but failed in their attempts to apprehend him. She said a report was subsequently made to the Bartica and Mahdia Police Stations.But Odessia Spencer, sister of the deceased man, rebutted the allegation made by Vyfhuis’s employer. According to her, her brother had never suffered from any mental illness.Vyfhuis’s family members are calling for a thorough investigation into the circumstances attending his demise. The employers and several employees have been questioned in relation to the incident. Investigations are ongoing.last_img