Ginnie Mae’s Michael Bright Steps Down

first_img Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae) announced that Michael Bright, EVP and COO at Ginnie Mae will be stepping down on January 16 and has requested that his nomination for President of the agency be withdrawn to pursue a new opportunity in the private sector.In his resignation letter to HUD Secretary Ben Carson, Bright said that he would institute an orderly transition process, including handing over delegated authority for policy decisions immediately.”The opportunity to serve the country and our economy in this capacity has been a tremendous honor… I am incredibly proud of what we have accomplished since early 2017,” Bright said. “As you are aware, over the past two years, Ginnie Mae’s total outstanding portfolio crossed the $2 trillion mark, and last year we served 1.9 million American families as they purchased or refinanced a home. This would not have taken place without the dedication and leadership of the Ginnie Mae staff, who are some of the most knowledgeable and mission-focused professionals I have ever worked with.”Maren Kasper, current EVP of Ginnie Mae, will serve as the Acting President upon Bright’s departure. Kasper joined Ginnie Mae in June 2017.“I want to thank Michael for his many contributions to Ginnie Mae over the last two years,” said Secretary Carson. “He has assembled a first-rate team and successfully managed and expanded a portfolio that enables millions of Americans to become homeowners each year. We wish him the best in his future.”Nominated to head Ginnie Mae in May, Bright had said that he intended to continue Ginnie Mae’s ongoing work to strengthen and modernize the agency as well as ensuring that the security of the FHA, VA, and USDA loans it oversees to ensure better security price and lower rates for borrowers of these loans.“Between the work we have done administratively at Ginnie as well as the language recently passed into law, we have taken a major step towards rooting out behavior that was threatening the very viability of the Ginnie security, and thereby threatening the viability of the VA, USDA, and FHA programs we support,” Bright had said during his confirmation hearing in the Senate Banking Committee. “We will not tolerate this behavior, and we now know that Congress stands with us. Collectively, our efforts are working. We can already see that in the form of a better security price, which directly translates into lower rates for FHA, VA, and USDA borrowers.”  Print This Post Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Ben Carson Ginnie Mae HUD Michael Bright 2019-01-09 Radhika Ojha Related Articles January 9, 2019 2,026 Views Share Save Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News Previous: Why Is the Manhattan Housing Market Slowing Down? Next: Former Ginnie Mae COO’s New Role The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Radhika Ojha is an independent writer and copy-editor, and a reporter for DS News. She is a graduate of the University of Pune, India, where she received her B.A. in Commerce with a concentration in Accounting and Marketing and an M.A. in Mass Communication. Upon completion of her masters degree, Ojha worked at a national English daily publication in India (The Indian Express) where she was a staff writer in the cultural and arts features section. Ojha, also worked as Principal Correspondent at HT Media Ltd and at Honeywell as an executive in corporate communications. She and her husband currently reside in Houston, Texas. About Author: Radhika Ojhacenter_img Tagged with: Ben Carson Ginnie Mae HUD Michael Bright Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / Ginnie Mae’s Michael Bright Steps Down Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Ginnie Mae’s Michael Bright Steps Down Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily Subscribelast_img read more

Read More »

Broadway Grosses: Hamilton Remains Box Office Darling

first_img View Comments With the official start of fall comes cooler weather and milder crowds, and though most Broadway shows faced an expected dip in grosses, a select few celebrated an uptick. The gargantuan hit Hamilton seems to never be satisfied, as it hit its highest capacity to date last week and jumped to $1,567,451. There was also The Book of Mormon and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, with the latter reaching its highest gross since June. Meanwhile, the Deaf West revival of Spring Awakening opened to well-nigh unanimous raves. We suspect forthcoming word-of-mouth and assurance of a production far from the one that closed only six years ago will lead to a more prominent presence on the boards during its limited run.Here’s a look at who was on top—and who was not—for the week ending September 27:FRONTRUNNERS (By Gross)1. The Lion King ($1,758,556)2. Hamilton ($1,567,451)3. The Book of Mormon ($1,489,769)4. Wicked ($1,426,156)5. Aladdin ($1,347,833)UNDERDOGS (By Gross)5. The Gin Game ($321,528)**4. Amazing Grace ($256,284)3. Fool For Love ($239,768)*2. Hand to God ($205,062)1. Dames At Sea ($144,944)***FRONTRUNNERS (By Capacity)1. The Book of Mormon (102.40%)2. Hamilton (101.36%)3. Fun Home (101.01%)4. The Lion King (100.01%)5. Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (100.00%)UNDERDOGS (By Capacity)5. Matilda (70.23%)4. Les Miserables (70.20%)3. Jersey Boys (69.24%)*2. Hand to God (45.68%)1. Amazing Grace (45.61%)* Number based on eight preview performances**Number based on six preview performances***Number based on five preview performancesSource: The Broadway Leaguelast_img read more

Read More »

Severe respiratory illness among Indiana residents who reported vaping

first_imgStatewide—The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is investigating reports of 18 individuals with severe acute respiratory illness who reported recent vaping or dabbing (vaping marijuana oils, extracts, or concentrates). One is an out-of-state resident who was hospitalized in Indiana. These cases are similar to cases reported in other states. Nationally, approximately 150 possible cases of severe respiratory illness in individuals who report e-cigarette product use have now been reported in 15 states from June 28, 2019, to August 20, 2019. No deaths have been reported.Indiana cases range in age from 16 to 65 years (median age, 26), and 72% are male. This is an ongoing investigation, and the ISDH is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other states responding to reports of similar cases.Patients experienced respiratory symptoms including: Cough Shortness of breath Chest pain Fatigue Fever Other symptoms included weight loss, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Chest X-ray (CXR) showed bilateral opacities, and chest CT imaging shows diffuse ground-glass opacities, often with subpleural sparing. These symptoms worsened over a period of days or weeks before admission to the hospital. All patients were placed on oxygen; mechanical ventilation has been reported in only a few of the Indiana cases. Evaluation for infectious etiologies (bacterial, viral, and fungal) was negative in all confirmed cases.The ISDH is requesting that healthcare providers who are seeing patients with unexpected serious respiratory illness and who report a history of inhalation drug use in the previous 90 days, particularly vaping, report these to their local health department (LHD) as soon as possible. LHDs who are alerted of suspect cases should notify the ISDH immediately.It is currently unknown what specific vape product(s) or chemicals may be linked to these illnesses, or where they were obtained. If the patient has vape product available and would be willing to submit for testing, please notify the ISDH to work out submission logistics.To report suspected cases, submit vape product, or for additional questions, please contact Sara Hallyburton, ISDH Respiratory Epidemiologist, at (317) 234-2809, or the ISDH Epidemiologist-on-Call after hours at (317) 233-1325. You may also contact the Indiana Poison Center at (800) 222-1222.last_img read more

Read More »

McIlroy wins dramatic fourth major

first_imgRory McIlroy claimed his second major title in four weeks and a third win in succession in a thrilling, weather-affected climax to the US PGA Championship on Sunday. Mickelson then birdied the 11th to join his playing partner Fowler in the lead, the pair exchanging fist-bumps as they walked to the 12th tee, and Stenson made it a three-way tie with a birdie on the 13th. Stenson had offered a prayer of thanks to the golfing Gods when his approach had just carried the water, only to three-putt the next to drop out of the lead and effectively end his chances of a first major title. McIlroy missed good birdie chances on the 11th and 12th, the latter after seeing Mickelson in the group ahead hole from 30 feet across the green for an unlikely par. But the world number one made no mistake from eight feet on the 13th to get back into a share of the lead with five holes remaining. Fowler was the first to crack under the pressure after a wayward tee shot led to a bogey on the 14th, and when Mickelson bogeyed the 16th, McIlroy was back in the outright lead for the first time since the third hole. As the light quickly faded, McIlroy delivered the killer blow with a birdie from nine feet on the 17th to enjoy a two-shot lead playing the last. Mickelson did not seem happy with being asked to make way for McIlroy on the 18th but almost holed his pitch shot for an eagle, the birdie forcing McIlroy to make par for the win. There was almost embarrassment for PGA president Ted Bishop as he dropped the lid of the trophy in the process of presenting it. McIlroy, perhaps inevitably, made a one-handed catch to save Bishop’s blushes. A torrential downpour which flooded the course and caused a delay of almost two hours meant it was a race against time to get play finished, so much so that Mickelson and Fowler stood aside on the 18th to allow the final group to tee off. McIlroy’s drive finished dangerously close to the water to the right of the fairway, but a closing par was enough for the 25-year-old to become the first player since Padraig Harrington in 2008 to win back-to-back majors, his victories in the Open Championship and US PGA also sandwiched by a first World Golf Championship win in the Bridgestone Invitational last week. Lifting the Wanamaker Trophy for the second time also makes the Northern Irishman the third youngest player after Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus to win four majors, just one less than the total won by the late Seve Ballesteros and two behind Nick Faldo. It was the fourth time McIlroy had held the 54-hole lead in a major, the first leading to heartache in the 2011 Masters when he was four ahead entering the final round at Augusta only to collapse to a closing 80. Two months later he bounced back in spectacular style to win the US Open by eight shots at Congressional before winning the 2012 US PGA by the same margin at Kiawah Island. Last month he led from start to finish at Royal Liverpool, taking a six-shot lead into the final round before going on to win by two from Sergio Garcia and Rickie Fowler. This time he started the day with a one-shot lead but dropped two shots in his first six holes and trailed Fowler by three as he reached the turn, Fowler having recovered from a bogey on the second with four birdies in his next five holes. The par-five 10th had cost McIlroy a double-bogey seven on Thursday but three days later he hit a fairway wood to seven feet and holed the eagle putt to get back into contention in stunning fashion. McIlroy carded a closing 68 at Valhalla to finish 16 under par, one shot ahead of Phil Mickelson after a remarkable final day which finished in near-darkness, with the lights blazing from the clubhouse behind the 18th green. Rickie Fowler and Henrik Stenson had been part of a three-way tie for the lead with Mickelson on the back nine but dropped shots on the closing stretch to finish two behind McIlroy on 14 under. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More »