Enrollment in schools extended until July 15

first_imgA parent submits the “Learner Enrollment Survey Form” of her child in a drop box. The Department of Education recently announced the implementation of the ‘drop box’ system located in schools and barangay halls where parents may submit enrollment documents to supplement the ongoing remote enrollment for the incoming school year. ABS-CBN NEWS “Kasi malaki ang demand (for enrollment extension) maski nagkaroon ng kalituhan kung kailan (ang pasukan), kami hindi kami nagbabago na ang talagang pag-umpisa ng klase ay August 24,” Briones said in an interview with DZBB. “Marami akong natatanggap na mga request kung pwedeng i-accomodate ‘yung mga anak nila,” she added. “Magandang senyales ito, magandang balita ito na ang parents talagang gusto nilang mag- aral ‘yung mga anak nila.” Briones, in a radio interview early on Tuesday, said the enrollment extension was decided since only around 12 million expected students are yet to be registered on the last day of enrollment on Tuesday. MANILA – The Department of Education (DepEd) has extended the enrollment period for public schools for the upcoming school year until July 15, Malacañang said Tuesday. Based on the data by DepEd, the total number of students who have enrolled for the coming school year was 15,686,506, as of 5:30 p.m. on Monday. CALABARZON has the most number of enrollees followed by Central Luzon and National Capital Region. “Extended ang enrollment until July 15. Pupwede po ba, hanggang ngayon pa lang, i-enroll na natin ang ating mga anak,” Roque said in a virtual press conference at the Palace. Citing a report from DepEd chief Leonor Briones, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the enrollment for school year 2020-2021 was extended to give more time for those who failed to enroll last month. DepEd set the first two weeks of June for online enrollment, while the other two weeks for “physical” enrollment, where parents and learners will submit enrollment forms remotely or via drop boxes./PNlast_img read more

Read More »

Maine announces 2017-18 women’s basketball schedule

first_imgELLSWORTH — The University of Maine women’s basketball team announced its nonconference schedule for the 2017-18 season Monday morning.Maine will face Tulane as part of a season-opening tournament Nov. 10 and will play either Dayton or Harvard the following day. On Nov. 14 and 16, the Black Bears will face Bryant and Maine-Fort Kent, respectively, at Bangor’s Cross Insurance Center. After a Nov. 24-26 tournament with Miami, Maryland and Kennesaw State in Miami, the team finishes the month Nov. 30 on the road against Toledo.Maine won’t play a nonconference game at Alfond Arena in December but will face Maine Maritime Academy on Dec. 5 at the Cross Insurance Center. Its road contests are Dec. 3 against Ohio State, Dec. 9 against Dartmouth, Dec. 17 against Mississippi State, Dec. 19 against Duke and Dec. 28 against Boston College.Of Maine’s potential opponents, five teams — Miami, Maryland, Ohio State, Mississippi State and Duke — finished the year ranked in the Associated Press Top 25.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text“This upcoming season will challenge us with one of the toughest nonconference schedules we have played,” interim head coach Amy Vachon said in a statement. “We continue to strive to be great, and in order to do that, we believe we have to play the best. We are excited for the opportunities to test our young team early on and believe these games will prepare us well for America East play.”This will be the first full season at the helm for Vachon, who took control of the team Jan. 6 after Richard Barron took an extended medical leave. She was named head coach for the entire 2017-18 season April 5. Maine has lost the America East title game two years in a row.last_img read more

Read More »

Niger Tornadoes Management Committee Dissolved

first_imgLaleye Dipo in MinnaThe Niger state government on Monday dissolved the management committee of the professional premier league side Niger Tornadoes of Minna.The dissolved committee was headed by Malam Adamu Aliyu, the principal private secretary to Governor Abubakar Sani Bello.A statement announcing the dissolution signed by the Director of Sports Alhaji Baba Sheshi said the dissolution was on the directive of the state governor.The letter with reference No: GHS/COS/045 dated 14th December 2017 states: ” Mr Governor has approved the dissolution of the Tornadoes Management Committee with immediate effect “The ministry wish to appreciate and thank you for your meritorious and selfless service you rendered to the team and state in general, we wish you the best in your future undertakings,” a copy of the letter made available to THISDAY read in part.It was however learnt that lack of cooperation between the dissolved management team and other stakeholders was responsible for the dissolution of the management committee.A new management is to be inaugurated by the state government after the Christmas break.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Read More »