Lisa, Alvaro Ramotar sent on admin leave

first_imgFormer President’s childrenTwo of former President Donald Ramotar’s children, Lisaveta and Alvaro, have been sent on administrative leave from their respective posts.In both cases, the siblings were informed that they were being sent on leave to facilitate probes. However, there was no timeframe given for the probes or the leave period.Guyana Times was made to understand that Lisa, who was the General Manager of the Guyana Gold Board (GGB), was sent on leave on Monday “to facilitate Police investigations” into the Board. Moreover, there was no mention of whether the probe will be into a specific aspect at the GGB or the entire operations.There is currently an ongoing probe at the GGB following reports of the entity’s staffers being linked to licensed gold dealer Saddiqi Rafeek Mohamed Rasul, who was charged earlier this month for the $956 million fraud at the Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry (GBTI).However, there has been no information or confirmation that the daughter of the former President was sent on leave with regard to the aforementioned probe at the Gold Board. The former President’s daughter was appointed General Manager at the GGB back in December 2014.Meanwhile, as it relates to Alvaro, this newspaper was told that he was sent on leave from his post at the Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) since April 10. He has been employed as a Data Communications Manager at the water company for more than two years. Guyana Times understands that the youngest of the former President’s children was told by officials that he was being sent on leave to facilitate an investigation into a “ransomware” bug in the computer system at the GWI.With Lisa and Alvaro now being sent on, what seems like indefinite, leave, all three of former President Ramotar’s children have now been removed from their respective posts. His other son, Alexei, was sent off on administrative leave back in July 2015 to facilitate a probe into the financial arrangements of the E-Governance Project, of which he was the Project Manager.last_img read more

Read More »

Reports – De Rossi a major doubt for Roma’s Champions League clash against Man City

first_img1 Daniele De Rossi Daniele De Rossi is a major doubt for Roma’s Champions League clash with Manchester City, according to reports in Italy.The midfielder had to be substituted at the weekend during Roma’s 2-0 victory over Cagliari after complaining about a calf problem.De Rossi will definitely miss Roma’s trip to Parma on Wednesday, but there are fears the injury could be worse.According to Italian newspaper Il Messaggero, club doctors suspect that the injury maybe a calf strain – ruling De Rossi out for two weeks.That would see the 31-year-old miss Saturday’s match against Serie A champions Juventus and next week’s trip to the Etihad to face Manchester City.De Rossi is scheduled to have scans on Monday in order to fully diagnose the extent of the problem.last_img read more

Read More »